May was a great month! Here are some of the highlights:
- Skillshare was featured on the Today Show! Really great to see our teachers get featured - especially the ones making six figures.
- For new habits, I’ve been experimenting with daily meditation. I’ve tried a couple of different apps and would recommend Headspace, Aura and Insight Timer (free).
- With the recent announcement that Microsoft will be shutting down Wunderlist, I was on the search for a new to-do app. I really liked Microsoft ToDo but found that it was too buggy. That’s when I came across Things 3. While it costs $50, it had all the functionality that I was looking for in a ToDo app. It’s only been 2 weeks but I’m loving it so far.
- Cryptocurrency space grew rapidly as it’s now approaching $100B. I attended the Token Summit here in NYC to learn more about the space. My portfolio has grown 3x since the beginning of 2017!
- I will be traveling to Peru in August for vacation. If you have any great recommendations in Lima or Cusco - please send them my way.
A lot of my recent experiments have been around energy levels. Here’s the biggest “hack” I implemented last month.
At the end of every shower, I slowly start turning the water to cold. Why? Cold showers are known to have great benefits
such as burning fat, boosting recovery, and increasing alertness and circulation. For me, it was around waking up.
Every time I end a shower with cold water, I leave feeling invigorated and energized. Would highly recommend it.
In June, I’m experimenting with no coffee during the work-week. I’ve noticed a difference in my energy levels with better sleep. Will report next month with results but it’s been an eye-opening experience for me.